What we expect from you
- Patients should treat all practice staff with courtesy and respect at all times. We do recognise that illness can be worrying and stressful.
- The Practice welcomes feedback, both negative and positive, on the services we provide if appropriate.
- Home visits should be regarded as a service for only the genuinely housebound or seriously ill.
- Repeat prescriptions should be ordered in time to comply with the 24 hour service so treatment is not interrupted.
- If you are unable to attend for an appointment please always ring the surgery to cancel, then it can be offered to someone else. Non-attendance wastes valuable practice time and has an impact on appointment availability. Inform the practice of any change of address and/or telephone number.
- On receiving invitations to attend the surgery for medication reviews or to attend special clinics (e.g. asthma, diabetic, immunisations) patients should respond promptly. It is in the patient's best interest to have their medication and medical condition reviewed regularly.
We aim to
- Treat all patients with courtesy and respect at all times. · Offer patients a wide range of appointment times.
- Repeat Prescriptions will be available for collection within 48 hours.
- Patients will be informed if a Medical Student is present and offered a choice as to whether or not they wish to participate in teaching or research projects.
- From time to time the practice will carry out patient satisfaction surveys.
- Any suggestions on how our service could be improved are welcome and considered by the team.
- All complaints will be seriously considered and patients will receive a full and prompt reply by the Practice Manager in accordance with the Practice Complaints Procedure.
- Patient's privacy will be respected at all times and all consultations and medical records will be kept confidential.
- Patients will be kept informed regarding their health and a clear explanation will be given regarding treatment and likely outcome.
- The practice will provide full information by way of practice procedure and notice boards of all services on offer.
A place to meet the needs of young people
- We will treat you with respect at all times
- We will respect your confidentiality unless you are in serious danger of being hurt or abused.
- You have the right to see a doctor on your own
- You will be consulted and your views taken seriously whenever decisions are made about you.
- You will never be treated unfairly because of your ethnic origin, sex any disabilities, religion or beliefs or your sexual orientation
- We welcome any comments you have about the surgery and any suggestions you have on how we can improve our service
- We have a Patient Participation Group and welcome young people to join us and share their views on the surgery and the health service in general with us.